Here I am with a grand new adventure before me. I was recently hired for a summer intern position with North Idaho College in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. I’ll be working in the school’s outdoor pursuits program, so it promises to be a summer filled with action. My departure date in just a few weeks, and there are so many things I have to do before I go. I still have shopping to do, things to ship up there, friends to tell goodbye, etc. Everyone keeps telling me that it will be the summer of a life time, that it will be incredibly fun, that Coeur d’Alene is the most beautiful place to be in the country, and so forth…I am sure they are all correct, but I approach this summer knowing that it will be a challenge. Though I have traveled to other side of the world and back, lived alone, etc., I have never spent multiple months away from familiarity. I know I will be fine. But I also know I’m going to have my moments of missing my family, missing my friends, and missing Texas. But my job is to accept this challenge and to refuse to fail, to meet this summer before me, head on. In an attempt to avoid falling into a hole of disconnect while I am gone, I want to chronicle the time I will spend up in Idaho and share it with my family and those who are interested. As a chronicled experience, it must have a name…here is what I came up with...
Odyssey in Idaho
Too dramatic, maybe? No, I disagree. I think it is perfect. After all, an odyssey is really nothing more than a series of adventures, a heap of notable experiences and hardships. While I hope hardships are on the scant side, I am sure that this summer will be nothing but an adventure...Cheers!
sounds like a FUN job!!! congrats :)
ReplyDeletethank you! i am really looking forward to it!
ReplyDeleteAwesome Awesome Awesome! You are going to kick some butt out there! What a neat place! Can't wait to talk to you - some really exciting things are happening!
ReplyDelete